HathiTrust Research Center Text Mining and Analysis Workshop
This workshop will introduce attendees to the HathiTrust Research Center’s tools and services for utilizing the massive HathiTrust Digital Library in computational text analysis. The HTRC leverages the scope and scale of HathiTrust Digital Library’s holdings to allow researchers the opportunity to perform text data mining. The workshop is open to beginners and experienced users. Topics that will be covered include:
• How the HTRC makes HathiTrust volumes available for text mining.
• How to identify relevant volumes and build worksets (collections) of content for analysis.
• How to use HTRC off-the-shelf tools for text analysis and visualization.
• How to access HathiTrust data and metadata via provided APIs, request procedures, and open datasets.
- Monday, October 16, 2017
- 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Bobst Library, Rm. 743, 7th Floor
- Bobst Library