Data Carpentry Workshop #1: Social Sciences
This workshop uses a tabular dataset and teaches data cleaning, management, analysis and visualization. There are no pre-requisites, and the materials assume no prior knowledge about the tools.
Day 1 - Jan 10:
- Data Organization in Spreadsheets for Social Scientists: http://www.datacarpentry.org/spreadsheets-socialsci/
- OpenRefine for Social Science Data: http://www.datacarpentry.org/openrefine-socialsci/
Day 2 - Jan 11:
- R for Social Scientists: http://www.datacarpentry.org/r-socialsci/
Data Carpentry develops and teaches workshops on the fundamental data skills needed to conduct research. Our mission is to provide researchers high-quality, domain-specific training covering the full lifecycle of data-driven research. Data Carpentry is a sibling organization of Software Carpentry. Where Software Carpentry teaches best practices in software development, our focus is on the introductory computational skills needed for data management and analysis in all domains of research.
Related LibGuide: Data Services by Andrew Battista
- Dates & Times:
- 9:00am - 4:30pm, Thursday, January 10, 2019
9:00am - 4:30pm, Friday, January 11, 2019
- Bobst Library, Rm. 743, 7th Floor
- Bobst Library