Extracting Geospatial Data with the OverPass API In-Person
This session will be offered via NYU Zoom: https://nyu.zoom.us/j/93225646767
Before attempting to join the tutorial via the Zoom link, go to nyu.zoom.us and Login to Zoom with your NYU NetID credentials.
If you have trouble logging in:
For assistance in using Zoom, please visit the NYU Zoom page.
- You can recover NetID or reset password at start.nyu.edu
- NYU Stern students: please note that NYU NetID is different from your Stern ID
- If you are affiliated with the NYU Medical Center and have a Kerberos ID and don't normally access NYU spaces and services with a NetID, see this support article for help.
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020
- 12:00am - 1:00am
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
Description: This session will provide an introduction to querying and extracting geospatial data from OpenStreetMap with the Overpass API. The hands-on session will use the Overpass Turbo web interface to introduce attendees to the OpenStreetMap data types and writing basic API calls.
- Learn to decipher various types of geospatial data available for extraction from OpenStreetMap
- Develop the ability to run the Overpass API in a web-based interface
- Establish awareness of limitations with the Overpass API and OpenStreetMap data