The Avery Fisher Center for Music & Media is located on floor 7 of Bobst Library, in Manhattan.
Address: 70 Washington Square South, New York, NY 10012
For those who use screen readers, an accessible non-table version of the reservation system is available. If you need accessibility support for the reservation system visit our accessibility services page for contact options. We are happy to help.
How To Reserve
- Select your preferred date and start time.
- Adjust the reservation end time using the dropdown tool at the bottom of the page (below the availability grid).
- Click the "Begin Booking Request" button to log in with your NYU NetID
- Review your booking and the room policies
- Fill out the booking form and click the "Submit my Booking" button to complete the request. You will receive an email confirmation. If you don't receive an email confirmation reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collaborative Media Rooms Description
Available to all NYU Students
Collaborative media rooms in the Avery Fisher Center (AFC) on floor 7 of Bobst Library are equipped for a full range of media listening and viewing.
Rooms can be reserved for up to 3 hours per day.
Reservations must be made 12 hours in advance (Monday through Saturday).
If space is available, reservations may extended at the end of the session based on staff discretion. Ask at the AFC desk.
Time slots become available 14 days in advance.
Noise Level: Conversation-friendly
- Mounted tv monitor and speakers
- Writable walls
- Power outlets
- Large table (1)
- Rolling chairs (4-6)
To Access the Room
Check-in at the AFC service desk on floor 7 of Bobst. Bring your NYU ID card.
Can I listen or view media without a reservation?
Yes. There are media carrels available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Collaborative Media Room Policies
No food. No drinks. No exceptions.
Masks must be worn at all times.
A reservation cannot be transferred to another person.
After 3 no-shows, students will not be permitted to book rooms in the Avery Fisher Center. To avoid a no-show, please cancel your reservation online at least 1 hour prior to the scheduled start time.
The Avery Fisher Center reserves the right to refuse or cancel room reservations in the event of extenuating circumstances or violation of the aforementioned policies.
Covid-19 Health and Safety Policy
Face covering required inside the rooms at all times for all occupants, even those working alone.